The Philadelphia Police and Fire Pipes and Drums is a ceremonial bagpipe and drum band with the primary mission of servicing the Philadelphia Police and Fire departments. We are also proud to serve our community and provide social entertainment and enjoyment at a variety of events. We perform at parades, funerals, weddings, memorials, dedications and class graduations, and many other events. We currently have 57 members in the band.
Membership is open to:
- All Members of the Philadelphia Police & Fire Departments.
- Full-time/paid outside jurisdiction police and fire personnel (case by case basis, limited number of applicants accepted, governed by bylaws).
- Members children (no limit).
- Gold Star Members (immediate family of Philadelphia Police and Fire Departments who have died in the line of duty, no limit).
- Non-members children of Philadelphia Police & Fire Departments employees (case by case, governed by bylaws, currently at capacity)
We are always looking for new members. No musical training is required. We will train you in your preferred instrument during weekly practices. Members begin on a provisional level and are kilted when they are ready to become a full member. Members are expected to attend at least 2 practices a month.